BWU’s Vision, Mission Goal, Core Values, Principles
There must be a society that values gender equality, justice, and peaceful, and harmonized human existence.
We are women from Myanmar, who have zero tolerance for discrimination based on gender, race or religion; We are women of Myanmar who value diversity as the unifying force that seeks to overthrow the dictatorship;
We are women of Myanmar who are working to ensure the emergence of a federal democracy which ensures ethnic and gender quality through capacity building and advocacy.
- Increase recognition of justice for women, gender equality, and women leadership
- Create an environment and mechanism to help with the rehabilitation and well-being of women, young women’s physical and mental health.
- Increase women involvement in the political leadership and decision-making process
- Increase thematic and operational profession skills for BWU members/staff and acceptance of individuals, both in relationship within the organization and its members, as well as when working those outside the organization
- Democracy will be practiced within the organization.
- We will be working together on the basis of individual responsibility and accountability, and also collective leadership ways.
- We will adhere to BWU values, with respect for diversity and the existence and acceptance of individuals, in relationship between the organization and the members, outsiders, and also dealing with other organizations.
- We will be treated equally without discrimination on race, religion, status, skin color, place of birth, sex, sexual orientation, languages, and political beliefs.
- We will work for peace, independence and justice Values
- Mutual Respect